Monday, November 15, 2010

'stuff' happens


As much as I'm an advocate for planning ahead, stuff happens. Yesterday was a TERRIBLE day for many-a-reason. I had too much on my figurative plate and was trying not to put too much on my literal one. I nearly broke in to tears when I found out we forgot to turn the crock pot on, and that meant dinner wouldn't be done until 10 pm. 'Lets order a pizza!' I blurted. My always loving husband said, 'What about Taco Bell? They have some better selections then pizza, but I'll leave that decision up to you.' So with a little encouragement from the hubs, I chose a couple things off the Taco Bell Diet menu. Like their website says, I ate better. Lets face it, not the best- but given the circumstances, I ate better than a pizza, and for that I'm proud of myself.

Another reason I'm pleased with myself today is because I hopped on the scale this morning to see a loss of 4 pounds! I am very happy about that! So that's 4 pounds down, 93 to go. I try not to look at the big picture too often, need to set mini goals. Lets do a lil' goal right now. To get down to pre-preggers weight. I'm only 37 pounds away from that. Ah, now doesn't that sound not as overwhelming???

Here's my discovery of the day: Nutella. I've heard of stuff, had never tried it. Read about it recently in one of my cheapie magazine finds, and decided to give it a shot. Now there's a lot of debate as to whether or not Nutella is a healthy snack. I personally haven't done any scientific studies or anything, but I will tell you one thing - it's delicious. Put the serving size amount on a piece of whole wheat bread, or top some fruit and I'm in snack heaven. It's actually very similar to peanut butter. Only tastier. It's made with hazelnuts and provides some proteins. So in the 'battle of the spreads' its team Nutella for me!

7 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you girl sounds like you are on the right track and have some wonderful support from your hubby...i've gone back and forth on trying nutella but if it's as good as you say nutella here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would like to know the fat content and calories. pls share

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job considering how stressed out you were and hope today is a better day for you.
    I went and looked at the Taco Bell diet menu and couldn't find any info about how many carbs are in them...as you know, that's the part I am interested in. Also, did you know if you put your cursor across the little Bell up in the corner of their site, it rings. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work Jessie. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many people love Nutella & I just can't bring myself to try. Of course, I dislike hazlenuts with great intensity so maybe that's why :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love nutella!!! We had it on croissants every morning for breakfast in Italy. If its good enough for the Italians, its good enough for me.:) Good job for making some better choices. It starts small sometimes. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete