Sunday, November 7, 2010

Always Be Prepared


First of all, welcome back, me! Yup, I know it has been almost a full year since I've posted. And in that time I whipped up an adorable little baby, who is now just over a month old. That being said, I need this blog and your support now more than ever! A lot of my pre-preggers clothes aren't fitting, and they were already freakishly large before. So let us not waste any time, and get down to business!

Always Be Prepared! Not just the scouts motto, but its mine too when it comes to food. In the past I've learned that meal planning is key to healthy eating. Otherwise you find yourself frustrated not knowing what to cook, and the next thing you know you're being asked if you want that super-sized!

So here it is: my menu for the following week and my grocery list. I went to both Aldi's and Wal-mart - viva savin' monies! I found everything I wanted EXCEPT for whole wheat bread crumbs. Imagine that, Wal-Mart not stocked with what I need... oh well, c'est la vie.

PS - if you don't understand why my blog is called negative equals positive, please refer to my first post!

3 comments:

  1. I'm gonna start planning out the meals for the week...because I definitely end up super sized all to often if I don't have something planned...way to easy to have the hubby grab something on the way home for all of us...I will be using your idea on that one...tomorrows the big day I plan on never being the size I am right now again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing that has helped me is to drink lots and lots of water. Helps to feel full. NO SODA! Not even diet. If you can do it and its ok for the baby, only drinking water is the way to go. Difficult but definitely doable. Also, don't buy junk and you won't have it to eat. No candy, ice cream, cake, pie, chips, cookies, etc ect. Bad things that are easy to snack on when you are bored or not really hungry but feel like eating anyway. If its not in the house you can't eat it. Take the money you would spend on junk and use it for savings or just buy lots more fruits and vegetables. You can never go wrong with fruits/vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO need to figure out how to plan. I've tried and tried and failed and failed. Maybe next week ...

    Welcome back, Momma :)

    ReplyDelete