Tuesday, January 5, 2010

with the good in life, comes the bad


I haven't wrote for a while because my husband's grandpa passed away. I wasn't sure if I should even talk about this in my blog post. It's just a difficult time for everyone, and we all deal with the grief differently. Thankfully the majority of our family has a firm hope for the future and in what God promises, which definitely helps ease the pain. In the past, as an emotional eater, I would have turned to food to get me through and provide me comfort for challenging situations. There wasn't anything that a giant chocolate bar couldn't fix. But believe it or not, I've found that exercising is helping me cope with some of the stress that I have. Exercise is like medicine for the mind. It improves your mental health and emotional strength. You focus on something else for a couple hours, all the while helping your body too.

So we've entered 2010, and a lot of people are making new years resolutions- the most common one, to get in shape. I went to the gym last night and it was swamped. I knew this before I even entered the gym, with the massive amount of cars parked outside, a lot of them illegally in the firezone. As I waited for my Zumba class to begin, I watched a sea of bopping heads: power walking, jogging, running, cycling, and climbing. I wondered how many of them were dealing with the loss of a loved one too, or something else that would cause them suffering. I'll never really know, but I am glad that we all were there.

2 comments:

  1. Jessie,
    I really enjoyed this look into your inner most thoughts. It's a side I don't get to see very often since we're so far apart.
    Love you cuz.

    ReplyDelete